Motivation is what moves you, requires actions/movement. While inspiration is a feeling, and feelings come and go. Motivation stays with you because it’s a decision just as much as it is a feeling. We cannot achieve anything with inspiration alone. Inspiration is nothing if it doesn’t spark motivation. Motivated people set out to achieve their goals by taking action.
- Desire so strong that you actually act on it
- Sense that we have to do something and therefore we do it
- Feeling of energy channeled into the pursuit of a goal
Anyway, watch this video and you’ll see what I’m leading up to..
Link Building Experts in 2009 – F*ck inspiration – Get Links!
YouTube Video Description
Quote on a tough link building question by famous SEOs Joost De Valk, Bob Rains, Marcus Tandler aka Mediadonis, Dixon Jones and Dave Naylor:
Joost de Valk: “we could talk about SEO ALL day and it comes down to one thing…”
Delegate: “how do you get inspiration?”
Marcus: “F*CK Inspiration – Get Links!”
Definitions of inspiration on the Web:
- arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity
- a product of your creative thinking and work; “he had little respect for the inspirations of other artists”; “after years of work his brainchild was a tangible reality”
- a sudden intuition as part of solving a problem
- divine guidance: (theology) a special influence of a divinity on the minds of human beings; “they believe that the books of Scripture were written under divine guidance”
- arousing to a particular emotion or action
- inhalation: the act of inhaling; the drawing in of air (or other gases) as in breathing
Sounds like inspiration is a bunch of thoughts, talk and ideas.
Definitions of motivation on the Web:
- the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and …
- the condition of being motivated; “his motivation was at a high level”
- the act of motivating; providing incentive
- Motivation is the internal condition that activates behavior and gives it direction; and energizes and directs goal-oriented behavior.
Again, F*ck Inspiration, Get Links!
Disclaimer: this video gets 100% of my support even though I don’t encourage bad language.