This link building video reminds me of the time when the definitions of inspiration and motivation were clearly defined to me. This is how they differ..
Motivation is what moves you, requires actions/movement. While inspiration is a feeling, and feelings come and go. Motivation stays with you because it’s a decision just as much as it is a feeling. We cannot achieve anything with inspiration alone. Inspiration is nothing if it doesn’t spark motivation. Motivated people set out to achieve their goals by taking action.
- Desire so strong that you actually act on it
- Sense that we have to do something and therefore we do it
- Feeling of energy channeled into the pursuit of a goal
Anyway, watch this video and you’ll see what I’m leading up to..
Link Building Experts in 2009 – F*ck inspiration – Get Links!
YouTube Video Description
Quote on a tough link building question by famous SEOs Joost De Valk, Bob Rains, Marcus Tandler aka Mediadonis, Dixon Jones and Dave Naylor:
Joost de Valk: “we could talk about SEO ALL day and it comes down to one thing…”
Delegate: “how do you get inspiration?”
Marcus: “F*CK Inspiration – Get Links!”
Definitions of inspiration on the Web:
- arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity
- a product of your creative thinking and work; “he had little respect for the inspirations of other artists”; “after years of work his brainchild was a tangible reality”
- a sudden intuition as part of solving a problem
- divine guidance: (theology) a special influence of a divinity on the minds of human beings; “they believe that the books of Scripture were written under divine guidance”
- arousing to a particular emotion or action
- inhalation: the act of inhaling; the drawing in of air (or other gases) as in breathing
Sounds like inspiration is a bunch of thoughts, talk and ideas.
Definitions of motivation on the Web:
- the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and …
- the condition of being motivated; “his motivation was at a high level”
- the act of motivating; providing incentive
- Motivation is the internal condition that activates behavior and gives it direction; and energizes and directs goal-oriented behavior.
Again, F*ck Inspiration, Get Links!
Disclaimer: this video gets 100% of my support even though I don’t encourage bad language.