15 Video Bookmarking/Networking Sites Worth An SEO’s Time
Here is a list of all the video networks worth an SEO’s time. Not only because some may offer followed links, but because of their popularity, ability to be viral and their chances on the search engines. The followed backlinks are just bonuses from some of the networks.
To make it to this list, the social video site had to either;
- provide a followed backlink somewhere in the profile or video description
- tends to get pulled by scraper (or copycat) sites and get reproduced containing your link which sometimes can be followed
- is in the top 100,000 most trafficked websites according to Alexa
- provides a profile with username (keyword) in the URL and a link (followed or no-followed) on that same page.
- has the ability to be linked with other major networks like Twitter, StumbleUpon, Youtube, MySpace, Etc.
The goal is to submit your video to as few places as possible and still produce the same reach. Of course we must remember other factors like video channel reputation, total videos submitted, group involvement, total friends, etc.
Anyway, here are my 15 most favorite Social Video bookmarking sites on the net.
- Vimeo| Sign-up Page
- YouTube | Sign-up Page
- Vidilife | Sign-up Page
- Google | Sign-up Page
- Seven Load | Sign-up Page
- Selfcast TV | Sign-up Page
- Revver | Sign-up Page
- Blip TV | Sign-up Page
- Clip Shack | Sign-up Page
- Daily Motion | Sign-up Page
- Meta Cafe | Sign-up Page
- Veoh | Sign-up Page
Ones I purposely forgot: AOL Video, MSN Video, Flixa, Flickr Video, MySpace Video, Video Bomb.
So, there you have it; my favorite video networking sites.
A few more video networking and SEO tips..
- Manually submitting to these in combination with traffic geyser can work wonders.
- Bookmarking your videos in social networks can extend the life of your videos.
- Make a ton of related friends.
- Comment on a lot of relevant videos and upload as many videos as you can.
- Try to get internal linking to work in your favor (PR & Relevance).
- But don’t spend too much time in these networks (unless video is you best lead generator). I know it can be addicting. But there’s still thousands of other things we need to do, as far as SEO goes.